Wednesday 15 August 2012

It takes a Village...


You know that saying "It takes a village to raise a child?"  That is so true, especially when you're a new parent.  In previous generations, new parents had a support network close by of family, neighbours and friends who could help out, offer advice, and give them a break if they needed it.  But nowadays, grandparents and family members may be in a different town or a different country, we don't always know our neighbours, and there's so much information out there in our wired world, it can be downright scary to consider how you're going to raise your child!

When I had my first baby, none of my close friends I grew up with had kids yet, and I was an only child, so I didn't have any experience with younger siblings.  Sure, I'd babysat as a teenager, but it's definitely a whole new ball game when it's your own baby! 

I was immensely thankful when I found Kindermusik and met other parents who were experiencing the same joys and challenges of having a new child.  We continued with many of those babies and parents through the levels of Kindermusik and into preschool, and at age 5, my daughter is still friends with some of them! 

In Kindermusik Village classes, the sense of community is just as important as the music!  The babies benefit from socializing with each other, learning from each other, and having special one-on-one time with their parent (or grandparent, or caregiver!).  The adults also have the chance to socialize, make friends, and enjoy special time bonding with their child.  In Village classes, you're not only building baby's brain through music and movement activities, you're also building a toolkit of ways to relate to, calm and soothe your child. 

It really does take a village to raise a child...come join us in a Village class and see how much you and your baby can grow together!

Classes begin September 15th....click here to enroll now!


No comments:

Post a Comment